I have also always loved clothes. To me, there's not much better than going shopping and finding those perfect staple pieces to add to your wardrobe; even better when you can find them at awesome prices. In this blog, I am going to combine my love of teaching and clothing to bring you style tips for teachers, on a budget.
Sweater- Goodwill; Dress- New York & Company; Wedges- Chinese Laundry (Amazon)
While I was preparing to take my first teaching job a few weeks ago, I found myself dragging out my old dress clothes from my student teaching days, most of which no longer fit my post-baby body. This could only mean one thing: time for a shopping trip. I set out on a mission to fill my closet with versatile pieces that I could easily transition from work to a day out with my family, without breaking the bank. I also wanted to look professional without sacrificing style. I believe that I succeeded in my endeavor, and would like to share my advice on how you can do so as well.
Sweater- Target; Dress- H&M; Belt- H&M, Ankle booties- Zulily
The first tip I have is to layer, layer, layer. This time of year is perfect for layers, because often it's cold in the morning when it's time to leave for school, but by the time that 3:15 bell rings it's well into the mid- to upper-70s. You can't go wrong with a knee-length dress and a cardigan.
My next tip is to invest in a pair of chestnut brown booties. They go with everything, and can dress up an otherwise casual outfit.
Top- New York & Company; Knit jeggings- American Eagle; Ankle booties- Zulily
My third tip will appeal to my fellow frugal educators. Pick a few favorite stores and sign up for coupons by e-mail. Even if you have to create an alternate e-mail address for your coupons to go to so they don't clutter your inbox, do it--I promise it's worth it. I very, very rarely pay full price for any clothing I buy. Every day I receive 10-15 e-mails including shop discounts, which can range from 10%-50% off or even more. It's a simple step that can save you big bucks.
Top- H&M; Pants- Walmart; Flats- Walmart
When it comes to style, what are you loving for fall? I can't get enough stripes (always--it's an obsession), olive, vests, and leather jewelry.
I hope you're all having a great school year!




No comments:
Post a Comment